Monday, February 16, 2009

Student Excitement

This project has required quite a bit of research, but it was well worth it because I wanted this project to be meaningful to my students and community. I must say, I was nervous about introducing 'Understanding U' to all 80 students because I was going to share a personal story about my life. Usually students are ready for Seminar (application for life, college, and academic studies) to be over with because it's the end of the day and end of the week, but this past Friday was very surprising. My students welcomed my personal story. If they didn't share a personal story similar to mine, they empathized with me (Thanks to Mr. Hairston for sharing the meaning of empathy with our students.). My students were amazing with the introduction of this project. Today, Monday, February 16th, students were excited about sharing a story with their project partner. Some students asked if they could start today. I've never had to tell a student they couldn't begin an assignment, that they needed to wait until Friday! What an amazing group of students we have at Rockingham Early College High School!!! Thanks to all my students for being sooooo wonderful!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment